Friday, 17 January 2014

Time to spice up your usual recipes! : Incredible Quinoa


The picture doesn't do this dish justice! Here is a simple recipe to liven up your quinoa and with the various added flavors you can be sure the whole family will love it!

First off, I have to be honest. I am terrible at telling quantities. I just put a little of "this" and a little of "that". You will need to use your eye to appropriately measure each item. Just add what you think will be a good balance.

Directions:
1) Cook approx. 2.5 cups of quinoa according to package directions.
2) While quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a frying pan.
3) Add chopped celery and carrot matchsticks. (You can chop regular carrot too. It will just take longer to cook) Then add strips of red onion. We like a lot of onion! About half a small onion.
4) Throw in some spices! Bail, Thyme, Garlic and salt.
5) Fry everything until it's well cooked (Not hard because you want similar texture to the quinoa). I then added canned peas because it was quick and easy. You could add frozen peas to the pan in step 3 if you prefer. Combine everything!

Optional: I didn't do this for my husband and kids but I did it for myself. I added some chopped fresh tomato and cucumber on top. Mmmmm

Even my toddler LOVED this quinoa dish! He asked for seconds. You can't beat that.

For supper tonight, I am making Incredible Quinoa and Balsamic pork chops. Find recipe here.

Good luck! Let me know what you cook with it! :)

Mucho amor,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment